Birthdays can be a fun day to look forward to during the year. Birthdays hold amazing memories and sometimes contain embarrassing and even tragic recollections. People all over the world have different traditions for celebrating birthdays. You may even celebrate your birthday in a unique way with your own family. Enjoy these fun creative writing prompts about birthdays!
Fiction Creative Writing Prompts
Poetry Creative Writing Prompts
1. Write a poem about the first birthday that you can remember from your childhood.
2. Write a poem dedicated to some of the most uncommon birthday gifts you have ever received or heard of other people receiving.
3. Write a poem dedicated to each birthday in your life. You may have to be creative for some birthdays but try to think of some memorable event for each year that you were alive.
4. Write a poem about the way birthdays are celebrated for someone who is elderly.
5. Write a poem that incorporates things you have to have for your birthday. For instance maybe you have to not work that day, or have a slice of your favorite cake, or need to splurge on shopping.
6. Write a poem about times when you felt sad or heartbroken during your birthday.
7. Write a poem about what birthdays mean to you, your friends and your family.
8. Write a poem that uses the following words: celebration, candle, and birth.
9. Write a poem about how your perceptions of birthdays have changed over time.
10. Write a poem about a different cultural tradition of how birthdays are celebrated.