In recent years, zombies have become very popular and still are popular. There are so many ways that people interpret zombies and many movies and books have been written about the subject. Please use these creative writing prompts to write about your own story of zombies.
Poetry Creative Writing Prompts
1. Write a poem about common illnesses that remind you of zombies. For instance there are drugs that make you lose awareness of the world around you.
2. Write a poem about times where you strongly feared a zombie apocalypse may occur.
3. Write a poem dedicated to your favorite zombie movie or book.
4. Write a poem about how some of the things you do or the way you look is zombie-like.
5. Write a poem that contains the following four words: flesh, hunger, dirt and disease.
Fiction Creative Writing Prompts
1. Write a story about a skilled doctor who is trying desperately to cure the zombie epidemic.
2. Write a story about a main character who wakes up and discovers that he or she is a zombie. He may or may not be aware that he turned into a zombie.
3. Write a story about a zombie slowly turning back into a human being. After years of dealing with the zombie apocalypse, humans are starting to notice but are still untrusting. How does this zombie protect its survival while trying desperately to work out the changes within his body.
4. Write a story about a zombie apocalypse out of control. However, these zombies are different. These zombies are intelligent but slightly less smart than humans but still lack the physical capability to run and possess the urge to eat live human flesh.
5. Write a story about a zombie who slowly falls in love with another zombie.
6. Write a story about different people being trapped in the elevator. The zombie outbreak has just broken out. At least one or two people know about it in the elevator. What happens next? What do they do?
7. Write a story about a character who thinks she sees a zombie running and possibly attacking someone. However, there is no mention of this in the news. What happens next?
8. The zombie apocalypse has been going on for decades. Children are born who do not know a different future than this but the parents remember. What is the world like? Is there any hope for a better world?
9. Centuries later the battle between zombie and human has occurred. Zombies have continued to evolve in their own way, however, humanity is succeeding in this war. How do the zombies work together to try and win this long war?
10. Write a story about a man who travels through time and discovers that a zombie apocalypse will happen in about 5 years. What does he do to try and prepare the world